Design, delivery and implementation of standardised Key Account Management processes
MBCC became a separate entity from BASF and as a result, needed support in standardising their Key Account Management and new Product Launch processes and tools across the diverse region of APAC (Asia Pacific).
- All countries and teams in scope of the work had their own existing requirements and processes, differing from nation-to-nation
- Different teams did local financial reporting and analysis in local currencies, with the regional overlook required in €
- Different countries operated with different key account profiles & launched completely different products, causing some initial reservations across teams as to whether standardised tools would be possible across the region
- A high turnover of staff meant that a number of team members in various countries were unfamiliar with existing processes within the organisation
Rising to the Challenge
Through engaging with teams across the different countries:
- Detailed discussions with senior team members to ensure all individual country requirements were captured and reflected in the delivery of standard tools, obtaining senior buy-in to the tools and reporting
- Production of a revised, standardised, simplified key account plan template for use on all key accounts, in all countries in scope
- Creation of standardised Executive summary documentation for use on all key account reporting
- Production of briefing packs and training for new tools and processes
- Delivery of interactive training sessions with each country to provide as much clarity as possible prior to rolling out the tools
- Train-the-trainer sessions with local team managers to ensure smooth transition into BAU
- Detailed planning sessions and roll-out tracking to support local acceptance
At MBCC, we had the support of Navigation Partners to implement, amongst various other projects, the new processes and templates for our new Product Launch and Key Account Management upon our separation from BASF.
Throughout the process, we received constant support and engagement, guiding us through the project with their expertise and presence. As a result, the implementation of all tools and processes were delivered on time in each of the countries involved.
Carolina Cobos, KA and PL Regional Manager