Process improvement projects
Navigation Partners were engaged to review and improve all current internal processes and procedures, identify opportunities for improvement and the changes required to deliver them, manage the changes, re-develop end to end training and deliver training across the organisation.
The scope of the processes covered includes: New housing development, Void (Empty) housing, Planned Maintenance, Gas Servicing, Responsive repairs, Allocations, New Tenant, Rent Arrears, Stock Condition and Management Reporting
The activity involved working with teams across the organisation to identify where current processes could be improved, where current issues prevented progress and what action was required to fix the issues.
Rising to the Challenge
The following activities were then carried out:
- Development of revised processes and facilitation of sign off with the business
- Development and management of a plan to deliver the changes required
- Development of training, process user guides, quick reference guides on all process areas
- Creation of workshop exercises and testing your learning exercises to measure the effectiveness of the learning
- Delivery of a training programme of interactive and practical workshops for all staff
- Development and management of communications surrounding the changes
- Development of ‘process confirmation’ checklists to enable process users to check whether the team member had complied to the new process
The outcome of this project was significant savings across the organisation as a result of the improved processes. The management team were provided with the tools to check that the new processes were adhered to and the ability to deliver refresher training. A process was also implemented to ensure the documents were maintained and kept up to date.
Read what Nick Ronald, Chief Executive of Mount Green Housing Association said about us:
“The Navigation Partners team repeatedly went above and beyond to deliver the changes required; they ensured that Mount Green team members were engaged continuously and effectively. They have delivered real value to the organisation in a short timeframe.
The commercial experience they bring has given us a fresh insight into delivering more service for less.”Nick Ronald, Chief Executive
Mount Green Housing Association