This toolkit designed by Navigation Partners provides additional re-assurance during the change process.
What is the Project Healthcheck toolkit?
The aim of the Healthcheck is to:
- identify areas in a project that need attention
- agree an action plan for dealing with them.
The Healthcheck is undertaken by a Project Director who uses their significant experience to provide a snapshot of progress on a change project and identify key criteria for success.
It is an assessment of where roadblocks could prevent or delay progress towards achieving your goals. It is not a review of the work carried out by the team, or of any of the individuals within it.
Our tools enable us to quickly identify areas of concern and risk in a change project. The Healthcheck toolkit is flexible and can be used at various stages of the change process, for example:
- During structured stages of project delivery ensuring every aspect of the project has been considered and planned for and managed
- As an unplanned Healthcheck where a project or change programme is slipping away from schedule, not delivering, or taking longer than expected
- Where Senior Management requires re-assurance about the progress of a change or stakeholders require structured feedback on the status
Why do I need this?
The Healthcheck toolkit can be used to either provide reassurance that your project or change is on track, or review why your project is slipping and not delivering to the original objectives. The key benefits are:
- Presents a snapshot of the progress of your change. Allows you to take informed action before any issues become insurmountable
- Provides Senior Management and stakeholder reassurance on progress of change
- Enables your team to retain ownership of the change whilst gaining valuable expert insight, or in some cases supplementing additional resource, to ensure delivery
- Offers an objective view of issues and the action required to resolve
Our Healthcheck toolkit reviews the following areas of the change:
- Do you have clear scope or specification of your businesses requirements to ensure the change meets your expectations?
- Is there senior executive support?
- Is the current change plan able to deliver within agreed timescales
- Are there sufficient resources with appropriate expertise in situ?
- Does the organisation and its staff own the change and able to accept it?
- Is there a justifiable financial case?
Issues identified in any of these areas can be barriers to successfully achieving your change goals. The Healthcheck is aimed at ensuring all barriers to making your change happen are removed.